Arrived in Raleigh, North Carolina on Sunday…and headed directly to the Fat Radish Farm in Zebulon…it is beautiful here.
- Walked down the road to say “hey” to some goats – just ’cause
- Enjoyed the company of the two lively dogs at the farm; Pork Chop & Odin
- Ate a fabulous burger @ the Player’s Retreat in Raleigh, NC
- Watered and fed the happy chickens at the Fat Radish & collected hundreds of farm fresh eggs. (I’ve eaten a good dozen this week!)
- Hayes took us on a little tour of the property – beautiful!
- Harvested a number of fruits and veggies; peppers, eggplant, radishes, turnips and figs
- Helped out at the Zebulon Farmer’s Market
- Spent Saturday evening at the Bluegrass Festival in Raleigh – live music is one of my favorite things! — it was perfect!
- Soaked in the peace at the Fat Radish Farm
- Grabbed some delicious food and a near perfect Old Fashioned at the Whiskey Kitchen in Raleigh
click on the pictures below to view full-screen
Welcome to Zebulon, The Town of Friendly People!
The Whiskey Kitchen in Raleigh, NC
The little happy layer chickens.
Meet Pork Chop — she is so sweet!
A foggy morning at the Fat Radish.
I stood and listened to these guys of over an hour at the Bluegrass Festival. Trey Hensley and Rob Ickes (playes the dobro like he invented it!)
The little bakery, just the smell inside is delicious!
This is the house where I am staying at the Fat Radish…it is a Teacherage built several generations ago, and restored by Hayes – it is lovely!
This is the ghost goat…she just posed for me as I took her picture.
The ever alert and happy Odin – he’s a lover!
Collecting eggs is one of my favorite things. I love the warm fresh eggs and the subtle colors and shapes.
The crowd at the Bluegrass Festival.
The Fat Radish!
Peppers, turnips and radishes, oh my!
Oh, the figs!
Say “hey” to Rhonda! She’s very calm and sweet.
The Bernie Burger at the Player’s Retreat was amazing…
Baby chicks…doing their baby chick thing.
Goats peeking at me…
The crew working the farmer’s market.
Goats and baby goats…
At the Zebulon Farmers Market with the Fat Radish.
The spectacular view of the other side of the Fat Radish property.
Homage to the Fat Radish.
More sunny days at the Fat Radish.