Arrived in Raleigh, North Carolina on Sunday…and headed directly to the Fat Radish Farm in Zebulon…it is beautiful here.
- Walked down the road to say “hey” to some goats – just ’cause
- Enjoyed the company of the two lively dogs at the farm; Pork Chop & Odin
- Ate a fabulous burger @ the Player’s Retreat in Raleigh, NC
- Watered and fed the happy chickens at the Fat Radish & collected hundreds of farm fresh eggs. (I’ve eaten a good dozen this week!)
- Hayes took us on a little tour of the property – beautiful!
- Harvested a number of fruits and veggies; peppers, eggplant, radishes, turnips and figs
- Helped out at the Zebulon Farmer’s Market
- Spent Saturday evening at the Bluegrass Festival in Raleigh – live music is one of my favorite things! — it was perfect!
- Soaked in the peace at the Fat Radish Farm
- Grabbed some delicious food and a near perfect Old Fashioned at the Whiskey Kitchen in Raleigh
click on the pictures below to view full-screen
This is the house where I am staying at the Fat Radish…it is a Teacherage built several generations ago, and restored by Hayes – it is lovely!
Collecting eggs is one of my favorite things. I love the warm fresh eggs and the subtle colors and shapes.
The Bernie Burger at the Player’s Retreat was amazing…
Baby chicks…doing their baby chick thing.
Goats peeking at me…
More sunny days at the Fat Radish.
Meet Pork Chop — she is so sweet!
The little bakery, just the smell inside is delicious!
The spectacular view of the other side of the Fat Radish property.
This is the ghost goat…she just posed for me as I took her picture.
The crowd at the Bluegrass Festival.
Welcome to Zebulon, The Town of Friendly People!
The crew working the farmer’s market.
The ever alert and happy Odin – he’s a lover!
Goats and baby goats…
The little happy layer chickens.
The Fat Radish!
I stood and listened to these guys of over an hour at the Bluegrass Festival. Trey Hensley and Rob Ickes (playes the dobro like he invented it!)
Say “hey” to Rhonda! She’s very calm and sweet.
Peppers, turnips and radishes, oh my!
At the Zebulon Farmers Market with the Fat Radish.
A foggy morning at the Fat Radish.
The Whiskey Kitchen in Raleigh, NC
Oh, the figs!
Homage to the Fat Radish.