Arrived in Raleigh, North Carolina on Sunday…and headed directly to the Fat Radish Farm in Zebulon…it is beautiful here.
- Walked down the road to say “hey” to some goats – just ’cause
- Enjoyed the company of the two lively dogs at the farm; Pork Chop & Odin
- Ate a fabulous burger @ the Player’s Retreat in Raleigh, NC
- Watered and fed the happy chickens at the Fat Radish & collected hundreds of farm fresh eggs. (I’ve eaten a good dozen this week!)
- Hayes took us on a little tour of the property – beautiful!
- Harvested a number of fruits and veggies; peppers, eggplant, radishes, turnips and figs
- Helped out at the Zebulon Farmer’s Market
- Spent Saturday evening at the Bluegrass Festival in Raleigh – live music is one of my favorite things! — it was perfect!
- Soaked in the peace at the Fat Radish Farm
- Grabbed some delicious food and a near perfect Old Fashioned at the Whiskey Kitchen in Raleigh
click on the pictures below to view full-screen
The little happy layer chickens.
The Whiskey Kitchen in Raleigh, NC
At the Zebulon Farmers Market with the Fat Radish.
The spectacular view of the other side of the Fat Radish property.
Goats and baby goats…
A foggy morning at the Fat Radish.
This is the ghost goat…she just posed for me as I took her picture.
The ever alert and happy Odin – he’s a lover!
I stood and listened to these guys of over an hour at the Bluegrass Festival. Trey Hensley and Rob Ickes (playes the dobro like he invented it!)
Meet Pork Chop — she is so sweet!
The Bernie Burger at the Player’s Retreat was amazing…
More sunny days at the Fat Radish.
The crowd at the Bluegrass Festival.
This is the house where I am staying at the Fat Radish…it is a Teacherage built several generations ago, and restored by Hayes – it is lovely!
The crew working the farmer’s market.
Welcome to Zebulon, The Town of Friendly People!
The Fat Radish!
The little bakery, just the smell inside is delicious!
Homage to the Fat Radish.
Collecting eggs is one of my favorite things. I love the warm fresh eggs and the subtle colors and shapes.
Baby chicks…doing their baby chick thing.
Oh, the figs!
Peppers, turnips and radishes, oh my!
Say “hey” to Rhonda! She’s very calm and sweet.
Goats peeking at me…